During the MIDO show in Milan from February 4th to 6th, Arkema, a pioneer and leader in advanced biomaterials for eyewear, will present its portfolio of innovative polymers tailored for the injection molding or additive manufacturing (3D printing) of lightweight frames.
Several new biobased and recycled materials will be highlighted that are very light and unbreakable. Also showcased will be innovative transparent polyamide 11 grades designed to unleash unlimited options in terms of creative and fashionable eyewear design:
- Low density Rilsan® Polyamide 11 grades enabling eyewear to float in the water
- Unique Pebax® Rnew® elastomer grades with up to 97% bio-based content for outstanding flexibility in the production of unbreakable frames for kids
- Innovative carbon-filled grades for cycling sport frames with 30% recycled content
- 100% bio-based Rilsan® polyamide 11 grades with natural or mineral fillers
- Rilsan® Clear Rnew® grades for outstanding transparency for creative and beautiful design
Arkema is a global leader in advanced polyamide 11 materials derived 100% from renewable castor seeds. These advanced polymers offer a substantial reduction in product carbon footprint – made even lower now due to Arkema’s recently announced investment in renewable energy in its global polyamide 11 production network.
Arkema is also an innovator in the custom recycling of advanced thermoplastics. Its Virtucycle® program enables its customers to participate in ad hoc recycling projects on both the supply and demand side. Representatives at the booth are ready to explain the proactive matchmaking role Arkema plays in custom recycling programs.
Arkema’s partner Materialise, a leader in 3D printed eyewear, will be present on the booth to showcase how polyamide 11 is used to create beautiful advanced eyewear solutions in a range of fashionable styles. The translucency delivers both beautiful pastel and intense dark tones. The company will also present its Custom Fit Eyewear Suite, taking personalized eyewear and customer experience to the next level.
Come and visit our booth to experience the Castor Farming Immersive Experience. See firsthand in virtual reality what makes castor seeds such a favorable feedstock and meet the people behind this incredible story.