Group revenue rises to EUR 22.6 billion in the first quarter; strong demand for transport services continued, while capacity remains constrained.
- Group revenue rises to EUR 22.6 billion in the first quarter; strong demand for transport services continued, while capacity remains constrained
- Global B2B business major growth driver: EBIT improved to EUR 2.2 billion
- Free cash flow adjusted for acquisitions with EUR 1.1 billion on prior year’s record level
- Balanced portfolio proves resilient despite economic uncertainty; financial targets for 2022 through 2024 confirmed
- CEO Frank Appel: “We had a good start to the year and once again demonstrated the strengths of our portfolio in a challenging environment.”
Bonn – Deutsche Post DHL Group, the world’s leading logistics company, continued its successful growth trajectory in the first quarter of 2022 despite global challenges. Revenue improved by 19.8 percent to EUR 22.6 billion. Following the significant jump in earnings in financial year 2021, the Group also recorded an excellent opening quarter 2022 with operating profit (EBIT) of EUR 2.2 billion (Q1 2021: EUR 1.9 billion). The Group successfully balanced higher energy prices and transport costs. At 9.6 percent, the EBIT margin was at a comparable level with the previous year (Q1 2021: 10.1 percent).