- New SYL-OFF™ Protect High-Performance Silicone Release Coatings for enhanced carbon footprint to be launched at the show
- INVISU™ 7007 Water-Borne Adhesive for wash-off label application to allow for enhanced PET recycling and performance
- AFFINITY™ GA Hotmelt Label Adhesive to enable filmic labels and packaging (PP/PE) to be mechanically recycled together
MIDLAND, Mich. – From September 11-14, 2023, Dow (NYSE: DOW) will be on-site at booth #7E41 (hall 7) during Labelexpo Europe 2023 to highlight its portfolio of next-generation silicone release coatings, acrylics, hot melt and silicone adhesives that are enabling label performance in a circular economy.
Empowering sustainable innovation with silicone
As part of Dow’s commitment to delivering a sustainable future for the world through materials science, Dow will launch SYL-OFF™ Protect – a carbon neutral selection of SYL-OFF™ Silicone Release Coatings. Certified by an independent third party according to PAS 2060, these products offer the same quality and performance customers in the label industry expect from standard SYL-OFF™ Silicone Release Coatings, with the added benefit of a reduced carbon footprint.
“Many of our customers in the label industry are looking for innovative technologies that not only provide them with the quality they need, but also help them meet their sustainability targets. Our selected range of SYL-OFF™ Protect Silicone Release Coatings are making it possible by combining reduction of carbon footprint without compromising on quality,” said Nathalie Gerard, European Market Manager for Dow Pressure Sensitive Industries. “We’re excited to introduce this carbon neutral selection of SYL-OFF™ Silicone Release Coatings, at Labelexpo Europe and connect with our customers to show them how, together, we can align performance with sustainability for continued progress towards a more sustainable world.”
Additional silicone technologies that will be featured during the show include:
- SYL-OFF™ SL 184 Coating: A solvent-free solution suitable for high-speed coating operations, SYL-OFF™ SL 184 Coating is fast curing, minimizes mist at very high line speeds and provides extremely stable release. In addition to its recent 2023 R&D 100 Award, it has notably earned a 2022 Silver Edison Award, a 2022 SEAL Sustainability Award, and has recently been shortlisted for the Innovation Award in the Label Awards 2023.
- SYL-OFF™ SL 351 Coating: A solvent-less silicone release coating that reduces soak-in for porous substrates, allowing producers to realize cost gains through less expensive paper and decreased silicone usage. SYL-OFF™ SL 351 Coating can be used across a wide range of applications.
Revolutionizing recycling with innovative label adhesives
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn more about Dow’s portfolio of high-performance water-borne label acrylic adhesives that perform under pressure, and demonstrate exceptional adhesive strength, UV resistance, temperature stability, and processing efficiency.
INVISU™ 7007 Wash-Off Label Adhesive, which is Dow’s second product launch at Labelexpo Europe, enables separation of polyolefin-based (PE, PP) filmic labels from PET bottles for enhanced PET recycling. Additional performance benefits of this acrylic technology include moisture resistance, easy converting and processing and has been acknowledged by the Association of Plastic Recyclers (APR) for its alignment with caustic wash recycling guidelines.
“The launch of INVISU™ 7007 Water-Borne Adhesive is an exciting development directly aligned with the label industry’s push towards a circular economy. It addresses both converters’ demand for reliable and high-performing label solutions as well as recyclers’ needs for cleaner recycled materials. Innovations like this are a testament to the possibilities that can be enabled by material science.” said Izzat Midani, Marketing Manager Adhesives at Dow Packaging & Specialty Plastics.
Additionally, Dow team members will be available to discuss the Company’s collaboration with Avery Dennison, which has led to a breakthrough in hotmelt adhesives. This co-developed technology designed for chilled food applications enables polyolefin filmic labels and polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE) packaging to be mechanically recycled together in one stream, offering better recyclability than standard hotmelts without skimping on performance. It is based on AFFINITY™ GA Polymers from Dow and sold by Avery Dennison under the name CF3050 in the Europe, Middle East, North Africa region (EMENA) region.
Dow at the AWA Label Release Liner Seminar
For those who will attend the AWA International Label Release Liner Seminar during Labelexpo Europe, Alex Knott, Dow’s Principal Technical Service & Development Scientist, will be participating in a round table discussion titled “The Future of Release Liner & Pressure Sensitive Labeling” on September 12th at 1:40pm.